Command Prompt, also known as cmd.exe Windows Command Processor or cmd , is the command-line interpreter on Windows NT, Windows CE, OS/2 and eComStation operating systems. It is the counterpart of COMMAND.COM in DOS and Windows 9x systems (where it is also called “MS-DOS Prompt”), and analogous to the Unix shells used on Unix-like systems. The initial version of Command Prompt for Windows NT was developed by Therese Stowell
Command Prompt interacts with the user through a command-line interface. In Windows, this interface is implemented through Win32 console. Command Prompt may take advantage of features available to native programs of its own platform. For example, in OS/2, it can use real pipes in command pipelines, allowing both sides of the pipeline to run concurrently. As a result, it is possible to redirect the standard error stream. (COMMAND.COM uses temporary files, and runs the two sides serially, one after the other.)
Cmd.exe virus. What to do?
Now a few words about how to remove cmd.exe if this component is executable malicious code. As mentioned above, after identifying a file in a different location from the original location, it should be disposed of immediately. If you get a ban on the production of any kind of action, use programs like Unlocker.
If this also does not work, run any portable scanner, and in the search result, specify the neutralization or deletion of the threat, which corresponds to the name cmd.exe. Sometimes it is advisable to set the treatment of an object if the program signals that it is the original file, and it is located in the location that was specified above.
And one more thing: there can be no question of physically removing the original file. Firstly, the operating system itself will not allow this, whatever methods and tricks you apply. Secondly, the removal of this component can only lead to the fact that the operating system itself will stop working.
In Winx64 system it can known as cmd.exe Windows Command Processor (32-bit).
Errors which you can meet
- ‘%1’ is not recognized as an internal or external command,operable program or batch file.
- No batch label specified to GOTO command.
- Insert the diskette that contains the batch fileand press any key when ready. %0
- The handle could not be duplicatedduring redirection of handle %1.
- The following character string is too long:%1
- A program attempted to reference storage outside thelimits of a stack segment. The program was ended.%1
- Failed to query transaction state. Unknown outcome state is %1
- The current transaction has been committed or aborted outside ofCMD, and has been successfully abandoned.
- There are still %1 process(es) running within thistransaction. Commit or rollback will continue once thoseprocesses have terminated.
- The handle could not be openedduring redirection of handle %1.