Microsoft Software Protection Platform Service (sppsvc.exe) it is a part of Microsoft Windows OS. The main function of this process is to keep OS from any kind of piracy software programs and keep in safe all Windows functions and this help to make licensing more simple. So, these process seems to be located in folder “System32” as part of the ecosystem.
But many people have problems with sppsvc.exe.
Pc starts to be unresponsive, slow or sluggish.
There are many reasons that can cause the problem. Check computer on a virus, because original process signed by Microsoft and have only 2% level dangerous. As it always happens, hackers put name the same name like sppsvc.exe file to hide virus from detection. Anyway, if several sppsvc.exe processes are on at the same moment and this is displayed out in task manager it seems to be infected by virus.
If you decide to fix this error with your own powers please do NOT remove the file. Microsoft Software Protection Platform Service (sppsvc.exe) is a native part of Windows, removal can activate another problems. In most cases, you need to reinstall Windows or restore sppsvc.exe.
Install the latest build of the system
Turn process off temporarily and check if you can find it in Task Manager. If you can find in Task Manager again and use many resources, this must be virus. While check pleas activate process again to prevent mistakes.
Other problems you can meet:
- Enables the download, installation and enforcement of digital licenses for Windows and Windows applications. If the service is disabled, the operating system and licensed applications may run in a notification mode. It is strongly recommended that you not disable the Software Protection service.
- Kernel policy cache has not been updated after Windows Right consumption. This is OK in certain situations.%n
- Edition changed from %1 to %2 after Windows Right consumption.
- Successfully matched deposited Installation ID with Confirmation ID.%nSku Id=%1
- The existing schedule data is expired. The schedule will be re-evaluated.%nReason:%1
- Successfully acquired genuine ticket for template Id %1
- Unable to get detailed error information during license consumption. Last error %1.
- Detected OEM product key change triggered license re-evaluation.
- Time-based license remaining %1 time %2 minutes.
- Unable to deposit chunk due to Trusted Store being recreated.%nUri: %1
- The Sku associated with the IID/CID does not have a PKEY installed.%nSku id: %1
- The Software Protection service failed to start. %1%n%2
- Downlevel Genuine Ticket successfully deposited.
In Winx64 system it can known as sppsvc.exe Microsoft Software Protection Platform Service (32-bit)